What needs to be true about me before I am baptized?
Those participating in baptism are asked to affirm they:
- Believe Jesus Christ is the only one who can forgive their sins and make them right with God.
- Believe that He has forgiven them of all of their sins.
- Intend to live the rest of their lives for His glory.
Where are people baptized at Mission Point?
- We bring a portable tank onto the stage in the auditorium at Mission Point (the Warsaw Performing Arts Center). The tank is large enough to baptize children and adults.
I was baptized as a baby. Should I be baptized again?
- At Mission Point we believe in Believer’s Baptism, meaning an individual is baptized after establishing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you have not been baptized since you personally confessed your sins to Jesus and expressed your belief in Him as your Savior, then we invite you to participate!
My child has become a follower of Jesus Christ. May he or she be baptized?
- Anyone who has a personal relationship with Jesus and can affirm or communicate the three points listed above may be baptized.
Who will baptize me?
- One of our pastors or elders would be honored to baptize you. However, we also encourage parents or anyone who has been a spiritual leader (a mentor, small group leader, etc.) in your life to participate with you by baptizing you. When you complete the form (linked above) or at the informational meeting, you will have the opportunity to express who you wish to baptize you.
My family is unable to attend this upcoming Baptism date. Can I get pictures to show them my baptism?
- We will have someone taking pictures during our baptism services. We will pass along some pictures to you, so you can share and celebrate your baptism with those who were unable to attend. With the help of our tech crew, we can also provide you with access to a video of your baptism.
How do I learn more?