Responsible for helping plan, practice and perform music that leads worship for Mission Point Community Church worship services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads worship during church services and special events as needed.
- Schedules and supervises worship team volunteers.
- Works with the Worship Leadership Team to plan weekly music sets.
- Helps procure and prepare music charts for musicians.
- Facilitates weekly worship rehearsals.
- Collaborates with Lead Pastor to ensure music reflects the mission/vision of the church.
- Solicits feedback from worship team volunteers and works to improve based on feedback.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Desire to serve in ministry.
- Ability to problem solve and then personally implement solutions.
- Growing Follower of Christ, committed to His Mission of reaching the lost.
- Commitment to using strengths, developing weaknesses and celebrating the strengths of the team.
- Experience managing volunteers in a band.
- Experience leading worship in a church setting.
- Experience manipulating chord charts.
- Charismatic, energetic stage presence.
- Preferably a college degree in music or worship ministry
The Worship Director reports to the Executive Director.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to:
Angie Wood, Executive Director
Mission Point Community Church
P.O. Box 395
Winona Lake, IN 46590