What We Believe
At Mission Point Community Church, we believe . . .
- The Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in its original form. It is the final authority for all matters of Christian life and belief.
- There is one God, who eternally exists in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit— who are equal, yet function in distinct roles.
- Man was created by God, in the image of God, but through sin incurred physical and spiritual death. Beginning with the first man and woman, every individual has committed sin. Sin is any act, intentional or unintentional, that creates relational separation from God. As a result, all people are separated from God by their sin and are lost apart from salvation in Christ.
- The Gospel is the good news of God’s saving actions toward sinners through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, took on human nature, lived a sinless life, died in the place of sinners, and rose again to offer new life to anyone who believes.
- Salvation is a free gift that comes only by God’s grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. Anyone who turns from their sin and trusts in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ receives forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life.
- The Holy Spirit works to progressively transform believers into the image of Christ. His work is carried out in the believer through the practice of Spiritual Disciplines such as; study of Scripture, prayer, worship, and fellowship with other believers. The Holy Spirit empowers and equips believers to play their unique role in serving the church and reaching the world with the message of Jesus Christ.
- The church worldwide exists to worship, serve, and glorify the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All members of the church worldwide are to be committed members of a local church, where they receive teaching and direction, live in community with other believers, and are supported to live out their unique role in the world.
- Every believer in Jesus Christ has a unique role to play in the church’s mission to reach the world with the Gospel by building relationships that bring relief and restoration. The local and worldwide church lead and support this mission until the return of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to the earth, personally and visibly, to establish His kingdom. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the believer and the non-believer—the believer to eternal joy, living and reigning with Christ, and the non-believer to eternal punishment away from the presence of God.