Student Ministry Director
Responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Student Ministry Department to help shape a movement of students who grow to love, live for and lead others to Jesus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with Lead Pastor to ensure student programming represents the Centrality of Jesus and the Vision of the church.
- Organize weekly student gatherings with the purpose of implementing large group lessons and activities that accomplish student discipleship while incorporating Bible study, prayer, worship, connection and mission opportunities.
- Identify, recruit, train and evaluate adult volunteers.
- Foster positive and healthy connections and relationships among and between leaders and students through meaningful connection opportunities for 7th through 12th graders.
- Encourage and organize student participation in church-wide programs and functions such as LoveOps and serving opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with area school officials and maintain a presence on campuses/homes for the purpose of supporting MPCC students and inviting new students.
- Deepen buy-in through follow up and/or meetings with students and parents regarding prayer requests, family difficulties or any emerging concerns.
- Maintain regular communications with parents through updated MP Students webpage, electronic communication and social media.
- Responsible for creation and upkeep of departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate training and evaluation processes.
- Serve in a rotating schedule of teachers as assigned, to provide the church with Biblical teaching during Sunday morning.
- Oversee setup and teardown of Youth Ministry venue each week.
- Oversee and manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maturity and Christ-like character.
- Desire to disciple and mentor 7th through 12th grade students
- Clear calling to long term student ministry.
- Ability to problem solve and then personally implement solutions.
- Proven discipleship and leadership skills.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Commitment to using strengths, developing weaknesses and celebrating the strengths of student population.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Preferably a college degree in seminary or youth ministry.
The Student Ministry Director reports to the Executive Director.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Angie Wood, Executive Director
Mission Point Community Church
P.O. Box 395
Winona Lake, IN 46590