Stephen Ministers provide one-to-one Christian care for a variety of life challenges. Stephen Ministers show up, meeting with their Care Receiver weekly. They are well-trained and well-supported to ensure high quality care.
Stephen Ministers can provide care to those in need in a variety of experiences, including:
- Health struggles
- Personal crisis
- Spiritual crisis
- Caregiving for a loved one
- Financial difficulties/job loss
- Terminal illness/end of life issues
Learn more about the heart of Stephen Ministries on their website.
Stephen Ministry Launch Timeline
The integration of Stephen Ministry is a significant process - over 10 months from the start of the process to the first pairing of Stephen Ministers to Care Receivers. Please join us in prayer throughout the process as we take each step.
August - September 2019
- Action: Introduce Mission Point to Stephen Ministry; increase awareness
- Pray: That God would bless our Stephen Leader Team as they prepare, and that He would work on the hearts of future Stephen Ministers and Care Receivers.
- Action: Care 101 Connection Group provides an introduction to care on Tuesdays throughout the month.
- Pray: That God would better help our church to love each other better, and be stirring in our hearts to continue learning more.
November - December 2019
- Action: Recruitment and interviews of potential Stephen Ministers begins. Increasing awareness at MP.
- Pray: For wisdom for the Stephen Leader Team as they seek to encourage, equip and welcome those God has gifted for this ministry.
January - June, 2020
- Action: Selected Stephen Ministers will receive weekly training, which will prepare them for their caring relationships.
- Pray: For God to use this training to not only equip Stephen Ministers for this ministry, but to transform their lives to reflect Jesus' love.
June 2020 Onward
- Action: Stephen Ministers will be paired with Care Receivers for weekly, one-to-one, Christ-centered relationships. Ministers will meet with each other regularly for support, encouragement and accountability.
- Pray: For God's will to continue to be done, for healing in people's lives, and for strength, endurance and encouragement in ministry.