The KidzPoint Coordinator is responsible to oversee the curriculum, volunteers and programing of Mission Point Community Church’s program for Kindergartners through 4th graders. The content and activities of KidzPoint should be in keeping with the church’s vision of Inviting Everyone Everywhere To Life In Christ!
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Team to provide cohesive programming and communication.
- Communicate monthly themes and lesson highlights to the Director of Children’s Ministry to ensure parents are thoroughly aware of upcoming topics and events in the Children’s Ministry department.
- With the Children’s Ministry Team, recruit, train and schedule volunteers to teach monthly lessons, lead group activities and facilitate small groups. Maintain consistent communication with volunteers regarding schedules, policies and program updates. Ensure each volunteer has a background check and has completed the church’s Ministry Agreement.
- Develop a process for thanking KP volunteers.
- Create and prepare materials for weekly lessons with the 252 Curriculum.
- Liaison with the Worship Team to provide effective programming on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with the KidzPoint Assistant and the KP registration team on Sundays to ensure parents and children have a welcoming, positive experience.
- Interact with parents during the pick-up time to build relationships, be visible and answer any questions.
- Identify, initiate and implement problem solving strategies for the pick-up process, Baptism Sundays, special events, etc.
- Provide communication to the Director of Children’s Ministry regarding people met, successes in the department, challenges in the department, etc. on a weekly basis.
- Complete incident reports and report any areas of concern to the Director of Ministry Operations and parents as applicable.
- Meet monthly as a Children’s Ministry staff and monthly with the Director of Ministry Operations.
- Committed member of the Mission Point Family
- Ability to work well with various types of people.
- Desire to have students and families learn together about Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor Degree
- A degree or experience in children’s ministry, education and/or Biblical Studies.
The KidzPoint Coordinator reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
Part-time; approximately 20hrs per week. Presence required on Sundays to ensure supplies are set up and volunteers are ready before KidzPoint begins, to help oversee weekly operations, and to ensure that tear down and clean-up of the area happens effectively. A minimum of five office hours is required each week.
Applications must be submitted by October 1st.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to:
Emily Hoover, Director of Ministry Operations
Mission Point Community Church
P.O. Box 395
Winona Lake, IN 46590