Children’s Ministry Volunteer Expectations
Curious to know what is asked of you when you serve in Children’s Ministry? Here’s an overview!
- Serve in one service for 7 weeks in either Session A (May 14th – June 25th) or Session B (July 2nd – August 13th).
- Please arrive for the 1st Service at 8:45am. Arrival Time for 2nd service is 10:30am.
- Lead the children in the lesson plans prepared for them.
- Wear identification tags provided for volunteers.
- Demonstrate friendliness with parents and also children who are in your care on Sunday mornings.
- Notify Wonderville or KidzPoint Coordinator if a child is having difficulty in the classroom so the parents may be notified if and when necessary.
- Match check in and check out tag numbers on the children with the tags parents bring at pick up.
- Notify Coordinators at least 5 days in advance of an absence.
- Provide feedback on supplies needing replaced, items needing repaired, etc. for the following Sunday.
I have children that would like to serve. How can they serve?
We love the opportunity for children and students to serve! Children who serve can only serve with a parent who is serving in the same classroom. If the child is of age for KidzPoint or one of our other ministry classrooms, we would love for them to be fed in at least one of the Sunday morning services. The other service could be that opportunity for them to serve alongside you. We do ask that the child serving is not a distraction to you serving and helping to lead the classroom.
Do I need to get a background check?
Yes, all volunteers who have not had a background check with Mission Point Community Church will need to complete the online form. Great news is that this is done online and it is completely free to you! The church will pay for your check and the report will be on file at the church for a total of 3 years. We also ask volunteers to affirm our Ministry Agreement before serving in Children’s Ministry. The Ministry Agreement may be read and completed at: missionpoint.net/ministry-agreement
What am I expected to have prepared for Sunday?
The great thing is that EVERYTHING is prepared for you! You are not responsible for materials, lesson plans, or snacks. When you walk into a classroom, everything will be prepared in advance for you. In addition, the Coordinator will provide you with lesson plans during the week leading up to Sunday. This way you are able to read over the plans and be familiar with what you will be teaching the children you serve.
Who do I report to if I have a problem with a child or a parent?
All children issues including, but not limited to, behavior or fussiness will be reported to the Coordinator directly. We do not want for you to have to play referee or stress about misbehaviors taking away from the learning of others. Depending on the circumstances the decision to either give the child a “timeout” or exit to join a parent in the service will be made by the Coordinator.
Click HERE to return to the list of current Children’s Ministry serving opportunities.